Implementing RESTful Web API Patterns and Practices
Noted author and API authority Mike Amundsen provides step-by-step solutions for finding, connecting, and maintaining applications on the Web. Whether you're working on human-centric mobile apps or creating high-powered machine-to-machine solutions, this workshop, bassedon Amundsen's book "RESTful Web API Patterns and Practices Cookbook", shows you the rules, routines, commands, and protocols—the glue—that integrates individual microservices so they can function together in a safe, scalable, and reliable way.
Attendees will learn to:
- Design and build individual microservices that can successfully interact on the open web
- Increase interoperability by designing services that share a common understanding
- Build client applications that can adapt to evolving services without breaking
- Create resilient and reliable microservices that support peer-to-peer interactions on the web
- Use web-based service registries to support runtime "find-and-bind" operations that manage external dependencies in real time
- Implement stable workflows to accomplish complex, multiservice tasks consistently
Workshop Agenda Highlights
The workshop will be a mix of slides, discussion, and hands-on exercises to help attendees identify and apply the right pattern for the task at hand.
Selected workshop topics include
- The Power of API Patterns
- 11 API Design Patterns
- 16 API Client Patterns
- 17 API Service Patterns
- 13 Distributed Data Patterns
- 20 Scalable Workflow Patterns
- Bringing It All Together
This workshop is geared to help you and your team where you are just starting your overall API practice or looking to improve an already thriving API ecosystem. Whether you are focused on API design, implementation, or maintenance, this workshop can help you meet your goals.
- Project Management