Confusion in the Land of the Serverless
This video is also available in the GOTO Play video app! Download it to enjoy offline access to our conference videos while on the move.
Serverless computing is the hot new thing. Like any hyped technology, it promises a lot. However questions remain around concept and implementation, especially when you start to compare how we've built systems in the past, and what serverless offers us now. Is Serverless the future, or just the emperor's new clothes?
This talk will very briefly introduce serverless computing, but will then dive into some of the questions that aren't always asked in conjunction with this technology. Topics will include:
- How does your attitude to security change?
- Is it easier, or harder, to create reliable, resilient systems?
- Do patterns like Circuit breakers and connection pools make sense any more?
- Is vendor lock-in a problem?
- Is serverless computing only for microservice architectures?
- Which problems fit serverless computing?
The microservices expert. Author of best-selling books "Building Microservices" and "Monolith to Microservice"