High-Performance Messaging with Aeron
In this workshop you will learn how to build microservices with Aeron and SBE in Java. Microservices capable of handling millions of messages per second with very low and predictable response times. We will cover some networking theory and the design of Aeron so you know how to use it with mechanical sympathy.
Topics covered will include:
- Network Fundamentals
- Aeron Design
- Encoding & decoding messages with SBE for zero copy semantics
- Handling large messages and streaming
- Monitoring, debugging, and spying on streams
- Basic tuning for performance and resource management
- "Multicasting" in the cloud with multi-channel-cast
- Configuring message delivery service levels: allow loss, reliable, durable, etc.
- Flow control and congestion control strategies - When and how to use them.
- Customising channel endpoints for extending Aeron, e.g. testing loss scenarios.
Delegates need a laptop with Java 8 installed and be comfortable with hands on coding.