Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success
This video is also available in the GOTO Play video app! Download it to enjoy offline access to our conference videos while on the move.
A CI/CD pipeline seems straightforward to implement and maintain. Yet it can often quickly become a tedious time sink and a source of universal frustration on many teams. From flaky builds, to long running builds, to flaky long running builds, the sources of frustration are endless. With the goal to ship more and faster as well as to compete in an ever changing industry, we can (and must) do better.
This talk will cover best practices for performance, stability, security, and maintainability of CI/CD pipelines, each supported with practical examples and counterexamples.
Some examples of topics covered:
- Integrating security scanning as part of the build and test automation
- Techniques for speeding up the builds and faster recovery from failures
- The importance of getting the whole team involved in the CI/CD process
- Understanding the bottlenecks and areas for improvement both in the CI/CD pipelines and across the organization
- Planning for failure and reverting broken deploys