The Psychology of UX
35 thousand! That's the average number of decisions a person makes every day. Imagine if you could hack the brain and the mind, this complex decision making systems, leveraging ways to influence yours and anyone's decisions. Gartner defines "Neurobusiness" as the capability of applying neuroscience insights to improve outcomes in customer and other business decision situations.Have you ever wondered how many digital decisions people make? The ones we make using technology devices like smartphones, wearables, laptops. The vast majority of our decisions are influenced by cognitive biases, irrational and emotional factors. For decades, scientists have been studying so we can better understand how it is possible not only to predict but also influence decisions through interventions on the environment where decisions are made. Yes, it is possible! And we will teach you the secrets behind decision making.
If you attend this masterclass you will win the book Digital Nudge.
This masterclass will bring you experiences where you will learn:
- How to hack the decision making systems in our brains.
- Neurobusiness as the capability of applying neuroscience insights to improve outcomes in customer and other business decision situations.
- Strategies to influence people to choose, buy, subscribe, order, submit, accept, search and click in the digital world.
- Digital Decision Architecture: how we can leverage User Experience (UX), Design Thinking and Product Design and the neuroscience of influence to get people to do anything online.
- As emerging technologies like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Virtual and Augmented Reality become more prevalent and powerful, it amplifies the impact of digital nudges.
- Ethics 2.0 and technology in the Fourth Industrial Revolution - what's right and wrong when technology makes decisions.
- The #DigitalNudge movement is about leveraging the nudge theory in ways that we can make the world a better place.
If you like one of these books, it's very likely you'll like this masterclass
Who should attend this masterclass?
If you are wondering if this masterclass is for you, check if you belong to one of these groups:
- UX, Experience and Design: User Experience (UX), Customer Experience (CX), Designers Human Experience (HX), Service Design. Anyone who works creating digital experiences where people who use the digital world will make decisions.
- Product: Product Owners, Product Managers. Anyone who makes decisions about how Digital Products are created and why they exist.
- Human Behavior: Anyone passionate about understanding more about how we behave, how we make decisions, what influences us to do what we do.