High-Performance Messaging & Services with Aeron
In this masterclass, you will learn how to build services with Aeron and SBE in Java. Services capable of handling millions of messages per second with very low and predictable response times. We will cover some networking theory and the design of Aeron so you know how to use it with mechanical sympathy.
Topics covered will include:
- Aeron Design
- Encoding & decoding messages with SBE for zero copy semantics
- Handling large messages and streaming
- Monitoring & Debugging
- Basic tuning for performance and resource management
- "Multicasting" in the cloud with multi-channel-cast
- Configuring message delivery quality levels: allow loss, reliable, durable, etc.
- Flow control and congestion control strategies - When and how to use them
- Introduction to Aeron Cluster for building fault-tolerant services