THE microservices expert. Author of best-selling books "Building Microservices" and "Monolith to Microservice"
Sam Newman is an independent consultant specializing in helping people ship software fast. Sam has worked extensively with the cloud, continuous delivery and microservices and is especially preoccupied with understanding how to more easily deploy working software into production.
For the last few years, he’s focused on microservice architectures. He has worked with a variety of companies around the world, often with one foot in the developer world and another in the IT operations space. Previously, he spent over a decade at ThoughtWorks before leaving for a startup, and then eventually setting up his own company. Sam is a frequent speaker at conferences. He is the author of Building Microservices (O’Reilly). If you would like to get in touch, please email him.
Topic focus: Microservices
Check out some of Sam’s past talks:
- GOTO Berlin 2019 - Monolith Decomposition Patterns
- GOTO Copenhagen 2019 - Why Your Private Cloud is Probably a Bad Idea
- GOTO Berlin 2018 - Insecure Transit - Microservice
A few of Sam’s books:
- Lightweight Systems for Realtime Monitoring
- Monolith to Microservices
- Building Microservices, 2nd Edition