GOTO Masterclass Tasters are one or two hours free of charge sessions which give an introduction to a particular masterclass topic led by a GOTO expert. The sessions include theory as well as hands-on exercises, demos and Q&A.
Spring Boot Masterclass Taster
***REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED ***
ABOUT THE EVENT
Join us in this free fast-paced 2-hour Spring masterclass taster, with Trifork Amsterdam CTO Joris Kuipers. During this session, you'll be given a practical introduction to Spring Boot. The taster consists of both presentations and demos as well as hands-on exercises and covers the following topics:
- Overview to explain what Spring Boot is and the functionality it provides
- Creating a new project using the Spring Initializr
- Building and running your project from your IDE or the command line
- Spring Boot autoconfiguration
- Spring Boot starter dependencies
- Ways to provide configuration to your spring boot application, including the use of @ConfigurationProperties and relaxed binding
** All topics and much more are covered in-depth in the 4-day Core Spring masterclass **
For this taster, the prerequisite is that you have some basic Spring experience already, especially in using it for dependency-injection using component scanning and @Configuration classes.
Note that for the full Core Spring masterclass in-depth is NOT the requirement as the course starts from scratch and only requires experience with Java as an enterprise programming language!